Creative Braindrain of Portland, BOREAGAIN

 There's a story, a virus did a thing, and a town gave up completely. Its Downtown turned into an apocalyptic, narcotics ridden, dystopian, nightmare. 

A town that moves at a glacial pace, glacial like the 90% frigid seasons every year. 

The people with the temperament of Shaggy from Scooby Doo, peppered in with cosmopolitan variety  "Leftism/Progressivism," or as the cool Leftists, the chill ones I like would call, "woke-scolds." 

A town where a feminine person in a full face of makeup would be stared at scornfully by neon-armpit hair  bra-burning Becky, or saggy, toothless, Gresham Gertha. 

The music scene is just as lifeless as the people. Take your pick. Druggie, washed up, junkies and hippie House music, suicidal Synthpop, dull your senses Darkwave, another "Goth" night that really just means Synthpop and all the one-hit-wonders from the Stranger Things soundtrack, a decent metal show, but enduring all the hobo-farts, and mixture of pheromone-laced sweat, unwashed leather jackets, and beer breath, plus no dancing (hey if you're into being an elf surrounded by orcs, go for it)!

Okay, underneath all the sarcasm and prose, I'm fucking bored and miserable with this place. 

I seriously feel like if Portland were a person, they'd be a miserable junkie, who had very little drive/will to live from the beginning, and when the big bad coofa-pal-looza happened in 2020, they slit their wrist while listening to the into guitar riff of "Freebird" on loop. 

There is no access to a better career here. I'm working jobs I absolutely despise, listening to miserable boomers trauma-dumping over the phone and treating me like I work for BetterHelp, dealing with nutzo colleagues who are OBSESSED with the job, have no real life outside of the place. Yes, this is a truama dump, but you chose to read, and writing, well this is catharsis. It's legal. Kicking the local hipster doofus in the cajones is illegal and very bad, don't do it. 

So many things I like are blasphemy to these doofus, prude, hipster, wokescolds. Too much Marx, craft ciders, pot smoking, and tanky Tiktok.  

It's funny hearing "whatcha gonna do for your barf-day?" When in reality, there are things I WANT to do, that I COULD be doing, but I need to back back in California.

I miss actual Industrial clubs. Fun Otaku events, cons, hell, clubs with ATTRACTIVE people, sheesh, I'm no 10/10, but I bathe, am not a landwhale, and don't purposely grow out my armpit hair, style my hair in a hipster mullet, wear overalls, and wear obnoxious identity button pins. Oh, and makeup, I try to look cute, I don't do potato face or purposefully-hideous makeup to 'StiCk It To ThA PATriArChy." 

I seriously need to get out of this bubble. I've lived in this simulated universe, or social experiment, where we allow A.I. to be spoonfed everything written on Tumblr in 2014 and create a whole ass West Coast city out of that data dump. 


Popular Posts